Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Buddy and Sable

Poodle Noodle Couch Potato Buddy
I haven't done any Buddy updates recently so here is a shot from this past weekend.  He loves the new sectional and has found a way to prop himself on a pillow to hang off the side like a noodle and sleep.  Sometimes I would swear he has cat tendencies.  He is now a year and 3 months old and we have had him just over a year.   He brings us happiness every day and the only downside of our trip to Spain is that we won't get to see him for nearly two weeks and that unfortunately although he loves where he will be staying (the lady we got him from who owns his Mom and Dad/groomer) I wish he understood us so that we could tell him we are only going on vacation and not abandoning him.  I think it will be harder on hubby and me than him though.


We have booked our trip to Ucluelet and Tofino in early June for 3 nights - and Buddy is coming with us on that trip as I have secured a dog friendly cabin where we can also kayak in the ocean just off the front porch.  He loves beaches and long walks in the park so I am sure he will enjoy that weekend as much as we will.

Sable, my Mom's rescue cat
 In December for my gift to Mom for Christmas I paid the adoption fee for her to get a new rescue kitty.  She named her Sable and I finally got a decent shot of her as she is extremely shy.  She loves Mom and has totally bonded with her but is not too keen on strangers so it took a while to get a picture.  She is 10 years old and the perfect speed for my 72 year old Mom.

We have been really busy with our business this week and it looks like it will be that way right until we leave on holidays April 1st so if I don't post more than once a week you know why.  Have a great week everyone!

18 comments:

  1. When I was self employed, I always said that it was better to be too busy with the business than not busy enough!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, I wasn't complaining :) We are having a much better start to this year than last and are still blessed with the fact that we can travel and take time off when we want. Sometimes that means working harder in the mean time. We have so much freedom with our business we are extremely lucky that way since there is no walkin-in office and we schedule things around life.

      Delete
  2. I see some cat tendencies in Buddy with how he relaxes into the sofa and hangs down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also uses his little paws like a cat does...never seen a dog do that before. He bats things just like a kitty sometimes.

      Delete
  3. I love this post!! I remember you paying for your mom to have a cat! Glad to see a pic of her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I tried but she wouldn't even come out with me in Mom's place until 2 weeks ago. She has definitely relaxed though.

      Delete
  4. That shot of Buddy is hilarious and so hard to figure out! So wonderful that you rescued Sable and that she and your Mom are now rescuing each other. We had two black cats in California. They let me take loads of pictures, but it was so difficult to get anything decent anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly the SPCA said that black cats are difficult to adopt out - Mom didn't care what color the kitty was so it worked out.

      Delete
  5. I think you have the perfect life with your mix of work and freedom. We have never left our girls ever. That is why we bought the RV in the first place so that the dogs could travel with us. One day we will be free to fly to Europe and other destinations why we used to do before dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never understood that until we got a dog, now totally understand it. We will travel more locally with him as from now on when we go anywhere within the Province I want to take him. He rides really well in vehicles, sometimes in my lap and sometimes in his kennel.

      Delete
  6. Buddy does look a bit cat-like in the over the back of the couch photo! I just love the seemingly impossible positions Luna and Lily can get into! True yogis, both of them! I'm already having separation anxiety from them both though my trip isn't until the end of August. I assume they'll pine away from missing me but I'm sure it'll be the other way round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they have your daughter who loves them just as much as you do!

      Delete
  7. I am glad to read about Buddy! A cute noodle dog that is so funny! Giving a rescue cat to your Mom was the greatest gift. They will built great memories together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom definitely loves her new kitty. She is a woman who is very hard to buy for as wants little so it was the perfect gift.

      Delete
  8. Your sweet dog and your Mom's cat are lucky pets! I miss my Charlie but will find a new cat when I'm ready I think. I enjoy your frugal lifestyle, it's how I live also.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dog sit for my bestie and he never seems to miss them. It's terrible to say but I think animals roll with the punches better than people do. Buddy loves you but its like a new adventure for him when he goes to someone else's house. Enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bestie is so lucky to have you do that. You are right, animals do roll with the punches, we are just the poor saps.

      Delete