Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Buddy loves the fact that Santa brought him snow - he loves scooping it up and eating it.  I just have to teach him the concept of "don't eat yellow snow".  It will likely be all gone in a couple of days but for now I am letting him outside as much as he wants to enjoy it in the back yard.

Today is Christmas Eve and I am still in my robe at 10:35am.  Just about to put a batch of homemade french onion soup in the slow cooker and whip up some spinach dip.  We are having a no-meat Christmas Eve dinner tonight with Mom and will open our presents afterwards as hubby has always done so on Christmas Eve.  Christmas day we will eat our turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and salad and we will watch a movie or two.

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing enjoyable holiday.  Merry Christmas from hubby, Buddy and myself!

10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!

    Looks like you're in one of the few places that has snow this year for Christmas. We usually do but It's at least 50F today. Very warm out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 60+ degrees here today. Much better for traveling weather that what we usually have here.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy looks like he's enjoying himself. Your comment reminds me of the Frank Zappa lyric ("Watch out where the huskies go; and don't you eat that yellow snow.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate quiet Christmases more and more. The year ahead is filling up nicely with planned visits from loved ones so I am content. Merry Christmas and happy thrifting in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy holiday to you -- isn't it magic to witness a pup's discovery of snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's next year's Xmas card!
    Hope Xmas was exactly how you'd hoped it would be. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buddy is adorable!!!!
    I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cute! And jealous you have snow. It's boiling hot here in Florida with a heat wave and the AC not working, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a perfect holiday. Ours was a quiet one with a good friend. Our tradition is to open one present on Christmas Eve (it's also our wedding anniversary) and the rest on Christmas morning after a breakfast that includes a Christmas bread with Norwegian goat cheese. That's all that's left from my heritage and making Swedish Spritz cookies (my great grandfather was from Sweden and my great grandmother was from Norway). - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Xmas! That is my favorite kind of holiday, leisurely, eating, watching movies....Living the life! Buddy looks real happy :)

    ReplyDelete