Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Furry Tribute


We lost the little furry member of our family on Sunday unexpectedly and are coping with the loss.  So amazing how such a little creature can be such a big part of your family.  You see, my husband is allergic to most furry creatures.  As a result, we have hamsters.  Brown mouse was the 4th in a series of hamsters and likely the last.  We got Brown mouse two years ago and he lived a royally spoiled life.  Waited on hand and foot, rewarded with treats like pumpkin seeds, watermelon and his pick of veggies.  His name was meant to be temporary until we thought of something better.  The name stuck. 

He was such a good pet, very easy going and liked to snuggle (very unusual for hamsters).
He had a thing for snuggling with remote controls too.

I am crushed, he was a great pet.  He was fine one minute, eating, sleeping, all bodily functions working, the next he was gone, hopefully peacefully in his sleep.  Fortunately, we believe he did not suffer.  RIP little buddy.

8 comments:

  1. He is just the cutest cutie and I know you miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I feel comforted that he did not pass while you were on vacation though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that's so sad. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry.I can see from the photos that he had a huge character. When the furry family members leave us,they take a piece of our hearts with them.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always so sad to lose a pet. They always manage to wrap their way around your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, he's so cute! They make great little pets, both my kids had hamsters. Maybe some day you'll get another one. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete