Saturday, June 21, 2014
7 Things Day
1. A few bloggers that I have followed for years are starting to quit blogging. I want to continue blogging but don't seem to have much to say lately, so for now will continue, but it might just be once a week. I hope you will continue to read.
2. The company I work part-time at gave me a gift certificate for a Spa massage this week. Unfortunately, due to fibromyalgia, me getting a massage would be the equivalent of torture, so I am passing it onto hubby to enjoy as he has always wanted one.
3. We are having our garage sale in two weeks time. We decided that we didn't need the stress of trying to organize it in one week so delayed it a bit. I made up flyers and hubby walked them around to all the homes on our keyhole street, just in case anyone else wants to have one the same weekend as multiple garage sales on one street attract more buyers.
4. Gasoline is 1.41 Canadian per liter here right now, but I understand Vancouver is even higher at 1.55 for regular. These are the highest gas prices ever seen here. Time to drive less. So glad we have a zero commute for hubby and I only work about a five minute drive away from the house at my part-time job.
5. We are buying loads of fruit right now - tangerines, nectarines, strawberries and watermelon. This is my favorite fruit time of year when a lot of fruit becomes cheap enough to fit within our grocery budget.
6. For the first time ever it appears I am successfully growing cilantro in the 6 ft flower box hubby made me last year. Apparently just ignore it and it grows fine! In the past I have tried to grow it in containers and had it go to seed/got a weird fungus. I love cilantro so it is nice to have a fresh supply.
7. We are still waiting on our landscaper to fix our broken irrigation system. In the mean time we see the front lawn is starting to turn brown. We have put a sprinkler on it this week but had faced a five day water ban earlier in the week so no work or watering could be done in that timeframe. Now I just have to track the "dude" down. He does good work, just doesn't communicate very well.
I hope everyone has a great week. Cheers!