Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmasfied

I ran off this weekend to my Mom's house to do a little packing (in hopes she gets a sale soon) and to try and get some holiday spirit.  Some eggnog and rum was ingested along with some mincemeat tarts.  Mission accomplished. I got home in time today to convince hubby  that we needed to do the final bit of decorating to the house - the lights on the outside.  We managed to get them on the house without maiming one another and now the house is 100% Christmasfied.  Hubby helped me put up the tree this week - I was feeling overwhelmed, and frankly uninspired.  Things are looking pretty cozy.  Well, it is December 1 today and on the list:

1.  Decorate the inside of the house - check
2.  Decorate the outside of the house - check
3.  We usually like to have 90% of the shopping done by now.  We are at about 40%.  Not going to worry about it - lots of time left
4.  Do some Christmas baking - maybe next weekend.
5.  Mail my one parcel - must be completed by next weekend



All this and not one single piece of Christmas crap (decorations/paper/bows) has been purchased this year.  I have loads of wrapping material (now mostly recycled) waiting to be used.  Things are on track!  How about you?


17 comments:

  1. Looks very nice! I put our little tree up last night and TBG replaced an electric box outside today so we can string electric lights out front. I'm about 60% done with shopping....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent - you are further ahead than me on the shopping front. I hope to get a bit of online shopping done this week. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Meals planned,baking schedule done, now I want some rum nog!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rum nog was good but after one very sweet so we ended up drinking rum and cokes with limejuice - still very festive in my books

      Delete
  3. Love your mantel decorations! We also put the tree up, but haven't finished with our light/cranberry arrangement that goes on our hutch. HOpefully tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of adding some live greenery (cut from the forest = free kind) like boughs and holly to liven things up and give off the smell closer to Christmas. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. No tree up here yet! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I am sure your home is filled with shiny brites - I have seen the pictures to prove it!

      Delete
  5. Love the fireplace and your tree is so sweet. We bought a fake tree this year to save money on buying real trees every year. It's just the right size for our little place. I put it up on Black Friday. We're only buying gifts for my dad and our daughter and I'll make some cookies for giving. That's it, so no going into debt for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tree looks amazing in your last post. We are buying less gifts and giving more money/gift cards - with a lower overall budget. Way less stress in terms of trying to find the perfect gift.

      Delete
  6. Your decorations look lovely!

    I was a little disappointed when I put ours up this year - didn't look quite festive enough but now that I'm used to them I'm happy with how they look. So no going out and buying anything else!

    However I did buy some things for a friend, 2 nice candle holders and a couple of little crappy things *hangs head in shame*

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying gifts for a friend does not count in terms of accumulating Christmas crap - gifts are ok!

      Delete
  7. I may just have to enjoy Christmas-at-home by looking at your pictures. Beautiful. We won't have a tree this year (we had three last year) because we've now got two cats who are a joy but leave absolutely nothing alone. I might put out some Christmas collections that the cats can't damage (they'll just sniff and walk away, I think).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, your kitties have amazing personalities (especially on your last post) but might make mincemeat out of a tree. Cheers!

      Delete
  8. Did something new this year - ordered all of my gifts from the Bay online; got free shipping, all from the comfort of my recliner. And every item was on sale :) Much more relaxing than fighting the crowds at the mall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems I do more online shopping each year. I agree, low stress is much better than fighting the crowds. Cheers!

      Delete
  9. Your home looks so Christmassy and cosy! And all that with no Christmas crap :) Brilliant!

    This year I couldn't resist a marked-down metal container with the sides cut into the shape of a star. I set a candle in it in the hallway. I also bought a dark blue runner for the table and a star-shaped dish for the table. My cards I sent to people I made myself (from a kit). But no Christmas wrapping paper, extra decorations or packaging were purchased.

    ReplyDelete