Monday, April 30, 2012

Garage Sale Season and Thrifting Finds

Finally, Spring in Alberta means garage sale time. Last weekend I visited a hall garage sale that had about 10 vendors. Slim pickings but I did manage to pick up this great 1976 British Tom and Jerry Annual for $1- very vibrant cartoons on the inside.



I am not sure why I am buying books to read but for .25 cents I could not leave this behind - Kathy Reichs is one of my favorite authors (TV series Bones was based on her books) and this is one I have yet to read - this will be passed on to my mother who has the same reading interest when I am done with it. My goal is to read at least one book a month to keep my brain cells alive. I finished another book last night - and am one book behind this years goal so will read two by the end of May to catch up.

This past weekend I dropped off a bag of books at my local Salvation Army and discovered that EVERYTHING WAS 50% off! This particular thrift store raised all of its prices recently so I have been avoiding shopping there - but this little vintage Ruben Original (made in Japan) flower holder that I have had my eye one had to come home with me - marked down to .75 cents. This will either go in my future Etsy shop(if that happens) or I will use it for a Baby shower gift.



I went to three garage sales this Saturday and left two without buying a thing - much more selective now that I am moving.
At the third was this vintage votive holder (marked made in the USA) in the free pile - so I bought this little book for .25 cents and made off with both. The book is very interesting and I know others who I can pass it on to.














Finally, in need of some Spring clothing today these finds from my Goodwill (I dropped off a large box of glassware there for donation):



H&M blouse $5.99
Reitmans tank top $3.99
The two go really nicely together and this is the first money on clothes that I have spent in 2012.

Linking up with Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds.

3 comments:

  1. the flower holder is very cute. lots of great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! Lovely clothes.

    I am too trying to read a book a month.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shopper! I should read one of those books!!!! Where you moving to?
    Kris

    ReplyDelete